Tuesday, January 22, 2008

weekend love

A hardboiled egg and horseradish with good rye bread and butter is a favorite breakfast food. The ease of making the meal along with the simplistic taste combination reminds me of quick holiday breakfasts that my Grandma Annie introduced to me.
Before the weekend hit I stumbled upon http://www.burdastyle.com/. The website deserves a visit that might help you get over a hump. I surely found inspiration out of it, and instead of accomplishing the obvious, cleaning and reformatting my computer, I have taken up a new hobby along with finding limitless pattern options. (I sound 30 years older than I am. I realize this.)
We borrowed the wood scraps for the frame from the university’s scrap yard. They throw anything outdated into massive piles that are then "recycled". We scored a great pencil sharpener that was still attached to the trim; it just needs a little shield to collect pencil shavings.

No comments: