Tuesday, December 18, 2007

pickle surprise

Well it is not a pickle, but an ipod case for a little lady first name C last name Bennett (I can't give everything away).When I went fabric shopping I tried to think of something that would be dependable and not soak up any Gatorade or green tea. This blue outdoor canvas was jumping off the shelf. At first we made fun of the color, but with further thought nothing else could be more perfect.
I needed a way to breakup the front panel (a forewarning my sewing skills are improving with every stitch) Surprise Joann's had this great houndstooth screenprinted fabric.


I made a few mistakes, but hopefully she will be forgiving.
Not finished yet, the inside as well as the top and bottom need to be completed.
Word to the wise: if you ever apply snaps check your markings 4 times, three isn't enough. The back bunches slightly, but who looks at the back.
tote straps tonight.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is great!!